Untuk menerangkan kejadian yang bersifat lampau atau sudah lewat. TO BE yang digunakan ialah was dan were. Kata kerja passive selalu dalam bentuk past participle.
………. to be + verb III ……….
1. The car was driven by Adi yesterday.
2. The books were borrowed by my friends.
Negative form :
1. The car wasn’t driven by Adi yesterday.
2. The books weren’t borrowed by my friends.
1. Was the car driven by Adi yesterday? Answer : Yes, it was, or, No, it wasn’t.
2. Were the books borrowed by my friends? Answer : Yes, they were, or, No, they weren’t.